"Fruity and fantastic" is how Ruth Bolduc of Conway, New Hampshire describes these pretty, moist muffins.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Soak apricots in water for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, cream sugar
- and butter until fluffy. Add sour cream; mix well. Combine dry
- ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Drain
- apricots, discarding liquid. Fold apricots, orange peel and nuts
- into batter. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths
- full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 307 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.