Apricot Mini Loaves Recipe
These lightly spiced loaves, from Kelly Koutahi of Moore, Oklahoma, are full of apricot-nut flavor with a honey and clove glaze. "My 3-year-old daughter, Miranda, helped me whip up these loaves with ingredients we had on hand, and they were surprisingly good," Kelly relates.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter, honey and vanilla; stir in the pancake mix just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, apricots and raisins.
- Pour into two greased 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm loaves. Cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Apricot Mini Loaves in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p23
Reviews for Apricot Mini Loaves(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review