This is one of my husband's favorites. It makes an easy meal for Sunday dinner. The tangy barbecue sauce gets a hint of sweetness from apricot preserves. - Lorenda Spain, Dumas, Texas.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a skillet, brown
- meatballs in several batches; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-qt.
- baking dish. Combine preserves and barbecue sauce; pour over
- meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until the
- meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (9 each) equals 353 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 803 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.