Apricot Lemon Ice
Frosty, fruity and full of flavor, this pretty iced treat from Elizabeth Montgomery in Allston, Massachusetts, is sure to melt any resistance to dessert! “It’s a nice ice-cream substitute for lactose-intolerant friends and family,“ she notes. And with only 5 ingredients, it couldn’t be easier.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for
- 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely
- dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the apricot nectar, corn
- syrup and lemon juice. Transfer to a shallow container. Cover and
- freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Spoon into a large chilled metal bowl; beat for 1-2 minutes or until
- light and creamy. Return to shallow container. Cover and freeze
- until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 154 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2-1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.