Chicken spread with an apricot and lemon sauce is elegant enough for company and a snap to make. I got this recipe in college and have used it to woo my friends and family ever since. It is very healthy as well, so it is something I can add to my regular menu rotation. —Kendra Doss, Kansas City, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine the curry powder, salt
- and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove
- to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Add the spreadable fruit, water and lemon juice to the pan; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until syrupy. Serve over chicken; sprinkle
- with lemon peel. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 261 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch,