Chicken spread with an apricot and lemon sauce is elegant enough for company and a snap to make. I got this recipe in college and have used it to woo my friends and family ever since. It is very healthy as well, so it is something I can add to my regular menu rotation. —Kendra Doss, Kansas City, Missouri
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine the curry powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Add the spreadable fruit, water and lemon juice to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until syrupy. Serve over chicken; sprinkle with lemon peel. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Lemon Chicken in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2012
"This is a very easy recipe that tastes fancy. We eat it a lot at our house. Be sure to get the apricot fruit, not the jam."