- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with half of the apricot preserves. Top with a
- second layer; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with a third layer;
- spread with remaining apricot preserves. Top with the remaining
- layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 511 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.