Apricot Lamb Chops
My sweet and savory chops are a speedy one-skillet entree. On evening my husband, Teddy, comes home late from selling farm equipment, I can hurry them right to the table.—Aleta Beane, Benton, Kentucky
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2/3 cup dried apricot halves, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and garlic powder. Rub each side of
- chops with Dijon-mayonnaise blend and sprinkle with brown sugar. in
- a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on
- both sides over medium-high heat.
- Add apricot nectar and mint. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15
- minutes. Add apricots. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until
- meat reaches desired doneness and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve
- sauce over lamb. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.