My sweet and savory chops are a speedy one-skillet entree. On evening my husband, Teddy, comes home late from selling farm equipment, I can hurry them right to the table.—Aleta Beane, Benton, Kentucky
- 12 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2/3 cup dried apricot halves, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and garlic powder. Rub each side of chops with Dijon-mayonnaise blend and sprinkle with brown sugar. in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat.
- Add apricot nectar and mint. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Add apricots. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over lamb. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Lamb Chops in Country Woman March/April 2001, p39
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Apricot Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review