Apricot Kolaches Recipe
Pastries as pretty as these make any gathering special. I like to bake them a day in advance because they do take some time to prepare-but guests agree they-re worth it!
- 7-3/4 to 8-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, cubed, divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) apricot cake and pastry filling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk and 1 cup butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll each into a 2-1/2-in. circle. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Using the end of a wooden spoon, make a 1-1/2-in. indentation in the center of each roll; fill with about 2 teaspoons apricot filling. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: About 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 320 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Kolaches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC