Apricot Honey Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the preserves, orange juice and honey; pour over chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Honey Chicken
Sort By :
"I thought this was really good, quick and easy. I made the chicken with the potato dish on the same page which I did not really like. Next time I will serve the chicken breasts over plain white rice with broccoli or asparagus on the side."
"We marinated this overnight and this came out so good and not dry. If you have leftovers keep some of the sauce so it doesn't dry out the next time you eat it."
"Quick & easy"
"This was disgustingly sweet. I was able to fix it (didn't want to throw it out and be wasteful). I sort of made it into a spicy apricot sauce instead. I cut up this chicken into smaller bites, added some onions and red pepper to suck some up some of the sweetness. I added some red pepper spices and a little bit of hot sauce. It was better that way, but nothing like the original recipe. I would NOT recommend this recipe at all. I don't even mind sweetness with chicken usually, but this was not edible."
"my kids didn't really like it...it was OK, but they pushed aside the sauce"