Apricot Honey Chicken
Apricot Honey Chicken is a sheer delight with its sweet, fruity sauce. There's no need to heat up the oven for this flavorful entree, so you can even enjoy it during the summer…or any time of year. —Kathy Hawkins, Ingleside, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7-9
- minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the preserves, orange juice and honey; pour over chicken.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 243 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.