Apricot Honey Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the preserves, orange juice and honey; pour over chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Honey Chicken(17)
Sort By :
Quick & easy
This was disgustingly sweet. I was able to fix it (didn't want to throw it out and be wasteful). I sort of made it into a spicy apricot sauce instead. I cut up this chicken into smaller bites, added some onions and red pepper to suck some up some of the sweetness. I added some red pepper spices and a little bit of hot sauce. It was better that way, but nothing like the original recipe. I would NOT recommend this recipe at all. I don't even mind sweetness with chicken usually, but this was not edible.
my kids didn't really like it...it was OK, but they pushed aside the sauce
Quick & Easy - Test chicken w/thermometer so as not to overcook.
Delicious! I used 4 tablespoons apricot preserves, 2 tablespoons orange juice, only 2 teaspoons honey and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Have made it in a skillet and also in the crockpot. Doubled the sauce for the crockpot so there would be enough sauce for with rice.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >