- at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold a fourth of
- the dry ingredients into egg yolk mixture. Repeat three times. Fold
- in egg white mixture.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a chilled large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in apricots.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Spread filling between
- layers and over sides of torte. Spread jam over top. Garnish with
- whipped cream, apricots and hazelnuts if desired. Store in
- refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 295 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.