Apricot Ham Steak
Ham is a versatile main menu item that's a standby with all country cooks. One of the best and easiest ways to serve ham slices is topped off with a slightly sweet glaze, like this apricot version.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- In a large skillet, saute ham in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly
- browned on each side and heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar,
- ginger, salt and remaining butter. Cook over medium heat until
- heated through. Serve with ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 378 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,922 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.