Ham is a versatile main menu item that's a standby with all country cooks. One of the best and easiest ways to serve ham slices is topped off with a slightly sweet glaze, like this apricot version.
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- In a large skillet, saute ham in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly browned on each side and heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, salt and remaining butter. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Ham Steak in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Ham Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review