Apricot Ham Rolls Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 1-1/3 cups apricot nectar, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 6-8 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Add parsley and fluff with a fork.
- 2. Place about 1/4 cup of rice mixture on each slice of ham. Overlap two opposite corners of ham over rice mixture; secure with a toothpick.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine syrup and remaining nectar; bring to a boil. Add ham rolls; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through, basting occasionally with the sauce. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 240 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 876 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer