Apricot Ham Rolls
Apricot Ham Rolls, from Carolyn Hannay of Antioch, Tennessee, are both speedy and special. "This is the kind of hearty dish we 10 kids would devour after doing chores on our parents' farm," Carolyn recalls. "Mom always had lots of hungry mouths to appreciate her good food. When I'm short on cooking time, I rely on this tasty recipe."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-2/3 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 1-1/3 cups apricot
- nectar, mustard and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from
- heat; cover and let stand for 6-8 minutes or until the liquid is
- absorbed. Add parsley and fluff with a fork.
- Place about 1/4 cup of rice mixture on each slice of ham. Overlap two
- opposite corners of ham over rice mixture; secure with a toothpick.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine syrup and remaining
- nectar; bring to a boil. Add ham rolls; reduce heat. Cover and
- simmer for about 5 minutes or until heated through, basting
- occasionally with the sauce. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 240 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 876 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.