Apricot Ham Balls Recipe
My family requests these ham balls for our annual Christmas Eve open house.
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup apricot nectar. Stir in bread crumbs and onion. Crumble ham and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, flour, mustard, allspice, Worcestershire sauce and remaining apricot nectar. Pour over ham balls. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 551 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 1,481 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC