My family requests these ham balls for our annual Christmas Eve open house.
- 3 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups apricot nectar, divided
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup apricot nectar. Stir in bread crumbs and onion. Crumble ham and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, flour, mustard, allspice, Worcestershire sauce and remaining apricot nectar. Pour over ham balls. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Ham Balls in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p42
Reviews for Apricot Ham Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review