- 3-1/2 pounds fresh apricots
- 6 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 2 to 4 habanero peppers, seeded
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Pit and chop apricots; place in a Dutch oven or soup kettle. Stir in lemon juice. Place habaneros in a blender; add a small amount of apricot mixture. Cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil. Quickly stir in sugar. Return to a full rolling boil; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath. For best results, let processed jam stand at room temperature for 2 weeks to set up. Yield: 11 half-pints.
Originally published as Habanero Apricot Jam in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p228
Reviews for Apricot Habanero Jam(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review