- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- With fingers, carefully loosen skin from turkey breast. With a sharp knife, cut ten 2-in.-long slits in meat under the skin; insert a garlic clove slice and a ginger slice into each slit.
- Place turkey in a large bowl; pour 1/4 cup wine under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks. Pour remaining wine over turkey. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, mustard and soy sauce; set aside. Drain and discard marinade; place turkey on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting with apricot mixture every 30 minutes (cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly). Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Glazed Turkey Breast in Country Woman December/January 2009, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Turkey Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2012
Moist and Delicious! Will be making this again next Thanksgiving or any holiday when we have guests over.
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
What kind of wine red or white sweet or dry?
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >