Apricot-Glazed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut up
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish and set aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon; stir in apricot nectar, water and orange peel. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; stir in butter and pecans. Pour over sweet potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Sweet Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit. I did add some marshmallows and toasted them in the oven for the last 5 minutes before serving. I could not find apricot nectar so used orange juice instead. They were wonderful!
I made this for the first time many years ago and now it is requested for all family Thanksgiving dinners. Family members who never cared for sweet potatoes love these!
This was delicious! Although, the flavour was slightly more acidic than I'd have liked. I'll make it again some other time, I think.
This recipe is delicious, and one that will be on my Christmas menu as well. I usually make a sweet potato casserole that my family loves, but decided to try something different. I'M SO GLAD I TRIED THIS! Not only is it absolutely yummy, it's super easy to make as well.