Apricot-Glazed Shrimp Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, preserves, soy sauce and sesame seeds until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and water chestnuts; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink. Stir broth mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 471 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 724 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Shrimp
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.