- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, preserves, soy sauce and sesame seeds until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and water chestnuts; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink. Stir broth mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Shrimp
"I really liked this recipe.. it was quick and easy. When I made it, I added a small amount of cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes to the apricot mix, but only enough to add a little spiciness. It was still mild enough that my 2 y/o happily ate it. I love that sweet, spicy, tangy mix of flavors. Thanks for the recipe!"
"The recipe was easy to make and didn't take long. There was very little apricot flavor. Overall the flavor was muddled."
"We enjoyed this recipe very much. I doubled the recipe to make enough for my family and would probably reduce the amount of apricot preserves by 1 or 2 tablespoons as we thought it was a bit too sweet. Thanks for the recipe!"