Apricot-Glazed Shrimp Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, preserves, soy sauce and sesame seeds until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and water chestnuts; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink. Stir broth mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Shrimp
Sort By :
The recipe was easy to make and didn't take long. There was very little apricot flavor. Overall the flavor was muddled.
We enjoyed this recipe very much. I doubled the recipe to make enough for my family and would probably reduce the amount of apricot preserves by 1 or 2 tablespoons as we thought it was a bit too sweet. Thanks for the recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >