Apricot-Glazed Shrimp Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, preserves, soy sauce and sesame seeds until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the peppers, onions and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and water chestnuts; stir-fry until shrimp turn pink. Stir broth mixture; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Shrimp
Sort By :
The recipe was easy to make and didn't take long. There was very little apricot flavor. Overall the flavor was muddled.
We enjoyed this recipe very much. I doubled the recipe to make enough for my family and would probably reduce the amount of apricot preserves by 1 or 2 tablespoons as we thought it was a bit too sweet. Thanks for the recipe!