- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the broth, rice and butter to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add apricots;
- cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and
- rice is tender. Stir in the parsley, chives and thyme. Serve with
- salmon. Sprinkle each serving with almonds.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon fillet with 1/2 cup rice and 1-1/2 teaspoons almonds equals 408 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.