Apricot-Glazed Salmon with Herb Rice Recipe
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the wine, spreadable fruit and ginger; spoon over salmon.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the broth, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add apricots; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the parsley, chives and thyme. Serve with salmon. Sprinkle each serving with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 salmon fillet with 1/2 cup rice and 1-1/2 teaspoons almonds equals 408 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.