Apricot-Glazed Salmon with Herb Rice Recipe
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the wine, spreadable fruit and ginger; spoon over salmon.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the broth, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add apricots; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the parsley, chives and thyme. Serve with salmon. Sprinkle each serving with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 408 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Salmon with Herb Rice
"I doubled this recipe and made half chicken, half salmon. My food looked NOTHING like the photo. The glaze was WAY too thin. My food was swimming in liquid and the finished product didn't even appear to be "glazed." I recommend deleting the 1/3 cup (maybe that's a typo) chicken stock from the glaze and just smear a thin layer of fruit spread mixed with ginger over the food. The rice was fabulous. The dried apricots and fresh herbs really made it something special. Family loved the rice."
"Very good! Pairing is excellent."
"Disclaimer: I am only rating/reviewing the salmon part of the recipe. We loved this salmon. I think fruit flavors pair really well with salmon and this was my first time trying apricot. It was awesome! I didn't use as much wine as called for because I wanted my glaze a little bit thicker. I thought the sliced almonds were mostly to make it look pretty, but they were so tasty with the salmon! I loved the crunch they gave. I will definitely be making this recipe again. It's so easy!"
"This is truly delicious - and it's also very easy to make! After all the salmon recipes I have tried over the years, this one is my family's all-time favorite. Especially my husband, who has never liked apricots before - but he loves them in this!"
"I made this for my family and my husband said this was the best salmon he's ever tasted. He said it tasted similar to the salmon he loved while in Chicago. My daughter, who is tough to please even commented on how much she loved this"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.