Apricot-Glazed Salmon with Herb Rice Recipe
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the wine, spreadable fruit and ginger; spoon over salmon.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the broth, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add apricots; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in the parsley, chives and thyme. Serve with salmon. Sprinkle each serving with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Salmon with Herb Rice(2)
Sort By :
Very good! Pairing is excellent.
Disclaimer: I am only rating/reviewing the salmon part of the recipe. We loved this salmon. I think fruit flavors pair really well with salmon and this was my first time trying apricot. It was awesome! I didn't use as much wine as called for because I wanted my glaze a little bit thicker. I thought the sliced almonds were mostly to make it look pretty, but they were so tasty with the salmon! I loved the crunch they gave. I will definitely be making this recipe again. It's so easy!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >