Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the oil, salt and pepper; rub over pork.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over pork. Bake 10-17 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 350 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, trace fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin
"One of my favorite pork tenderloin recipes. Something about the apricot really adds to the flavor of the pork. (I make with chicken broth vs. Sherry)Coupon for $1 off of any fresh pork product. Use it before it disappears!!! http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/hurry-1-off-any-fresh-pork-facebook-coupon.html"
"But, pork was not cooked in 30 minutes, and had to be cooked for another 30.I changed the glaze for Tangerine, and I used a alb pork loin. This could be the cause for the undercooking. But, I liked it and I will do it again!"
"My boyfriend said this was the best dish I have ever cooked! I followed the recipe exactly except I left out the thyme. I was simple and delicious. The meat was tender, juicy and flavorful. The leftovers were all gone before bedtime!I made this again for a family gathering of 15 people. EVERYONE loved this and asked for the recipe. I made 4 tenderloins and they were all gone! Definitely a keeper recipe!"
"I love this recipe. It has made the recipe box I keep for good dinner choices. The pork is not over taken with a fruity taste which I like."
"This was SO delicious!! Amazing flavors when I'm normally not a fan of fruit with meat!"
"quick easy and good. great for when company comes and delicious."
"My husband dosen't realy like fruit. However he loved this one."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.