Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the oil, salt and pepper; rub over pork.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over pork. Bake 10-17 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 350 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.