Apricot-Glazed Pork Tenderloin for Two Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place pork in a shallow pan. Combine the oil, salt and pepper; rub over pork.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over pork. Bake 10-17 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 373 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.