Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin Roast Recipe
A nice alternative for a special dinner during the yuletide season or any other time of year, this pork roast gets its fruity flavor and lovely golden color from apricots. I serve it often to guests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing YIELD:8 servings
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 cups apricot nectar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in apricot nectar and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Spoon 1/2 cup glaze over roast. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 345 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC