Apricot-Glazed Pork Loin Roast
A nice alternative for a special dinner during the yuletide season or any other time of year, this pork roast gets its fruity flavor and lovely golden color from apricots. I serve it often to guests.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 cups apricot nectar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard.
- Stir in apricot nectar and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon 1/2 cup glaze over roast. Bake 20 minutes longer or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 345 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.