Apricot Glazed Pork Chops
I’ve served these tasty pork chops for birthdays, Easter dinner and for no special reason at all. They’re easy to double or even triple to feed a crowd. —Sondra Warson, Madrid, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, dressing and mustard. Pour
- 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable bag; add the pork. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and
- refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil;
- using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°,
- basting frequently with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 367 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.