- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, dressing and mustard. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Apricot Glazed Pork Chops
"I prepared these delicious pork chops tonight. I used sugar free apricot preserves as the only substitution to the recipe. We will be having this recipe again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"I used peach preserves instead of apricot because I picked up the wrong jar by accident. It was a happy mistake because it turned out great! I used it on country style ribs and my husband really enjoyed them."
"Made these pork chops last night. They are awesome. My daughter who is a very picky eater loved them. Everyone had seconds, glad i doubled the recipe. i used sugar free preserves, that's what i had on hand."
"These few simple ingredients make a power house glaze! The vibrant taste of the glaze is spectacular. Perfect combination of flavors, my son liked extra 'glaze' on his. We used two pork tenderloins. This is a new favorite!!!"
"Very easy and good. Quick to put together the night before. I will make it again."