Apricot-Glazed Ham Recipe
In Fairland, Oklahoma, Galelah Dowell glazes a bone-in ham with apricot jam to give it an attractive look and delicious flavor. It's the star of a special Sunday supper and yields lots of extra ham for made-in-minutes meals later in the week.
- 1/2 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- Whole cloves
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Combine brown sugar and mustard; rub over surface of ham. Insert a clove in the center of each diamond.
- 2. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Spoon preserves over ham. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through. Yield: 18-20 servings.
3 ounces ham equals 233 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 926 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC