Apricot-Glazed Ham Steak Recipe
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground cloves
- 1. Place ham steak in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over ham.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until heated through. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 194 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1094mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Ham Steak
"Oh so yummy! It was just the right combination to enhance the flavor of the ham without overpowering it. Quick and easy for the busy weeknight cook!"
"What a lovely change from the typical grilled or fried ham steak. Excellent glaze in my opinion. Except for increasing the ingredients to serve 4 I made the recipe exactly as written. I would not change a thing and will be making again and again. For those who might not care for apricot I'm sure peach or maybe even plum jam might be a nice alternative. Thank you for sharing your delightfully tasty recipe."
"Try putting Frenches french fried onions 2Tbl.and 1 tbl of fresh chopped dill,let it simmer it is great."
"Serve with Green Bean Casserole"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer