- 1 fully cooked boneless ham steak (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground cloves
- Place ham steak in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-16 minutes or until heated through. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Ham Steak
Sort By :
Apricot glaced ham is so good to eat, my family asks for it every Easter. It's become a family favourite and one we reserve for Easter alone, as it's so simple and so good to make. It's a keeper and definitely going in my recipe box.
What a lovely change from the typical grilled or fried ham steak. Excellent glaze in my opinion. Except for increasing the ingredients to serve 4 I made the recipe exactly as written. I would not change a thing and will be making again and again. For those who might not care for apricot I'm sure peach or maybe even plum jam might be a nice alternative. Thank you for sharing your delightfully tasty recipe.
Try putting Frenches french fried onions 2Tbl.and 1 tbl of fresh chopped dill,let it simmer it is great.
Serve with Green Bean Casserole