Apricot-Glazed Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter and salt. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted; stir until smooth.
- 3. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; add apricot mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 120 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Green Beans
"Delicious. Very surprising way to cook green beans, and it is nice way to enjoy vegetables. Definately not boring! A suggestion is to have this as a side dish with a pork main entree. However, it would be great with chicken, too."
"So easy and delicious!"
"Yummy! My kids ate green beans!!"
"I loved it. I used frozen green beans though its what I had,it was easy and delicious! My brother and 9yr old nephew stopped over and had them try it and they also loved it. Will make it again."