Apricot-Glazed Green Beans Recipe
Serve this classic pasta toss withApricot-Glazed Green Beans from Nancy Mueller. "I like to add a little extra flavor to homegrown beans, and this is one of our favorite treatments," she writes from Bloomington, Minnesota. Apricot preserves make the simple yet tasty coating for the veggies. Try this side dish alongside most any entree whenever time is tight.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter and salt. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted; stir until smooth.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl; add apricot mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Glazed Green Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p14
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Green Beans(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2012
Yummy! My kids ate green beans!!
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2011
I loved it. I used frozen green beans though its what I had,it was easy and delicious! My brother and 9yr old nephew stopped over and had them try it and they also loved it. Will make it again.