Apricot-Glazed Cornish Hens for Two Recipe
I found this easy recipe for Cornish hens and prepare it often for my family. The glaze keeps the hens tender and moist, and the skin roasts to a golden glow. It's tasty, too. When the children are gone for the weekend, my husband and I enjoy this meal-perfect for two.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Combine the salt and cayenne. Rub a third of the mixture inside hens. Brush 1 tablespoon butter over hens; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the preserves, honey, onion, nutmeg and remaining butter. Cook and stir until preserves are melted. Brush over hens. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180°. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC