Apricot-Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- 1. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray and set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 90 seconds, stirring once.
- 2. Dip chicken into sauce. Arrange in prepared pan. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting once. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 273 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Chicken
"I totally meant to put five stars! I tried to change it but I can't. Sorry"
"This is one of our favorite recipes. Every time I make it for someone, I have to give them the recipe. I don't think I've met anyone who "just likes it". Plus I usually have all the ingredients on hand."
"The glaze was very yummy. I accidentally forgot to put it in the microwave first and I think that may have helped it bind better because when I cooked my chicken and pulled it off the pan, all the glaze just ran right off of it. But i will def make again."