Rather than frying up chicken in a lot of oil, I prefer to cook it in this simple sauce—it's tasty and so much better for us.—Joy Cochran, Roy, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray
- and set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first
- eight ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 90 seconds,
- stirring once.
- Dip chicken into sauce. Arrange in prepared pan. Pour remaining sauce
- over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting once.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One chicken breast half equals 273 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch,