I have made this recipe for my family for years and it's still everyone's favorite. I like to serve it with rice on the side. —Amy Chellino, Shorewood, Illinois
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the chicken, onion, zucchini and summer squash. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Glazed Chicken Kabobs in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Chicken Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review