Apricot Glazed Chicken for Two
Sweet, savory and special, this Asian-inspired entree from Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York is sure to be a favorite. There's plenty of sauce, so consider serving it with rice.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, preserves and soy sauce; set
- aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add
- broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170&de;,
- basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken; sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 248 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.