- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, preserves and soy sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170&de;, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken; sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings
Originally published as Apricot Glazed Chicken in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Glazed Chicken for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2009
"Easy to prepare, but kind of bland. The sauce was also a little watery. Not one I'd repeat."