Apricot Glazed Chicken for Two Recipe
Sweet, savory and special, this Asian-inspired entree from Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York is sure to be a favorite. There's plenty of sauce, so consider serving it with rice.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, preserves and soy sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170&de;, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken; sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Glazed Chicken in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Glazed Chicken for Two(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2009
Easy to prepare, but kind of bland. The sauce was also a little watery. Not one I'd repeat.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >