- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, preserves and soy sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170&de;, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken; sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Apricot Glazed Chicken for Two
Sort By :
Easy to prepare, but kind of bland. The sauce was also a little watery. Not one I'd repeat.