- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, preserves and soy sauce; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Add broth mixture to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170&de;, basting occasionally with pan juices. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken; sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Glazed Chicken in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Glazed Chicken for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2009
"Easy to prepare, but kind of bland. The sauce was also a little watery. Not one I'd repeat."