Rather than frying up chicken in a lot of oil, I prefer to cook it in this simple sauce—it's tasty and so much better for us.—Joy Cochran, Roy, Washington
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (7 ounces each)
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray and set aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 90 seconds, stirring once.
- Dip chicken into sauce. Arrange in prepared pan. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apricot-Glazed Chicken in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot-Glazed Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review