Apricot-Ginger Asparagus Recipe
Our Test Kitchen home economists blend apricot preserves and a few simple seasonings to dress up tender asparagus spears. This succulent side dish goes great with any entree.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place asparagus in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, bring the preserves, vinegar, cinnamon and ginger to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-4 minutes or until glaze begins to thicken. Pour over asparagus. Yield: 2 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Apricot-Ginger Asparagus
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC