I serve this smooth, fluffy salad all year for special meals, but it's so pleasant around Eastertime with its pretty color and fruity flavor. The apricot pieces are an unexpected treat. — Ellen Benninger, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (6 ounces) apricot or orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to gelatin and set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture; chill until partially set, stirring occasionally. Stir in apricots and walnuts. Fold in whipped topping. pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Chill until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Apricot Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p31
Reviews for Apricot Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review