- 1 package (6 ounces) apricot or orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to gelatin and set aside. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture; chill until partially set, stirring occasionally. Stir in apricots and walnuts. Fold in whipped topping. pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Chill until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forApricot Gelatin Salad
"I was able to find apricot jello on line."
"We had this originally when it was first in the Taste of Home Easter issue, and since then it has always been my oldest daughter's favorite dish, besides at Easter Time. Thank you."
"I prepared this recipe on 6/22/13 for the first time. I used PEACH gelatine: 2 packages in the 3-oz. size. I'd used a 15-oz. can of sliced peaches which I'ddrained and pureed. I'd also used the peach juice in the salad. Fortunately the salad DID gel-I had it refrigerated overnightand covered it in order to have the salad firm up & used Pam cooking spray in one of those E-Z foil 13x9x2" baking pans.The salad was delicious and one of our friends took the balance of it home with her for her family to enjoy! Thank you,Ellen Benninger, for sharing this recipe!The next time, I'll KNOW to finely chop the peaches, NOT puree them & I'[ll know NOTto use the peach juice! That way, the salad will be firmer! I will say that this recipe is definitely a keepr for me!DELowenstein"
"Had this for Easter and everyone loved it....very little left and several had seconds. Will make again!"
"EXCELLENT!!!!! Husband is diabetic, so I use sugarfree gelatin, no sugar added fruit, lite cream cheese and lite whipped topping. Any flavor gelatin, fruit, and whatever nut you prefer works. No one can tell the difference."
"This was always one of my Grandmother's favortites. She was a housewife during the "jello salad" explosion and I can never eat it without a warm smile for her."
"Made this salad for Thanksgiving & it was delicious! Only wish I could get my children & grandchildren to try & eat jello salads. Growing up, we had them for every holiday & it was something we looked forward to. Also, I was able to find the apricot gelatin at Wal Mart & Meijers but they were in the 3 oz. boxes, so you just use two of them. Thanks for a great recipe, I enjoyed it & shared it with my neighbors."
"Love this salad. Made it often and always get rave reviews"
"I am always asked to bring this salad to family dinners! They love it!"