Apricot Gelatin Salad
I serve this smooth, fluffy salad all year for special meals, but it's so pleasant around Eastertime with its pretty color and fruity flavor. The apricot pieces are an unexpected treat.
Ellen Benninger, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) apricot or orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain pineapple, reserving
- juice. Add pineapple to gelatin and set aside. In a bowl, beat cream
- cheese and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture;
- chill until partially set, stirring occasionally. Stir in apricots
- and walnuts. Fold in whipped topping. pour into a 13-in. x 9-in.
- dish. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Chill until firm. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 167 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.