Apricot Gelatin Salad
I serve this smooth, fluffy salad all year for special meals, but it's so pleasant around Eastertime with its pretty color and fruity flavor. The apricot pieces are an unexpected treat.
— Ellen Benninger, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) apricot or orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain pineapple, reserving
- juice. Add pineapple to gelatin and set aside. In a bowl, beat cream
- cheese and pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in gelatin mixture;
- chill until partially set, stirring occasionally. Stir in apricots
- and walnuts. Fold in whipped topping. pour into a 13-in. x 9-in.
- dish. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Chill until firm. Yield:
- 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 167 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.