Apricot Gelatin Mold
My mother always made this for celebrations. When my husband and I were dating, he fell in love with this dish. Once we got married, he asked me to get the recipe from her. You can substitute peach or orange gelatin for a fresh summer treat. —Suzanne Holcomb, St. Johnsville, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) apricot or peach gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough
- water to measure 2 cups. Set pineapple aside. Pour juice mixture
- into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Dissolve
- gelatin in juice mixture. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Gradually add
- gelatin mixture, beating until smooth. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes
- or until slightly thickened.
- Fold in pineapple and carrots, then whipped topping. Transfer to an
- 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set.
- Unmold onto a serving platter.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium,