Apricot Fruitcake Recipe
My husband didn't care for fruitcake (which I love) - till he tasted this one. He and I have three children. He's an avid fishermen...when others are canning fruits and vegetables, I'm busy canning and smoking salmon! -Clare Brooks, Juneau, Alaska
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups each coarsely chopped dried apricots and dates
- 1 cup each red and green candied cherries, halved
- 2 cups each coarsely chopped pecans, walnuts and Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cloves, mace and nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the fruits, nuts, honey, water and lemon juice; set aside.
- 2. In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Fold into fruit mixture. Combine dry ingredients; gradually fold into the fruit mixture until evenly coated. Pour into two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- 3. With a shallow pan of water in the bottom of the oven, bake at 275° for 2-1/2 hours or until cake tests done. Cover with foil during the last 30 minutes.
- 4. Cool 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Remove waxed paper and wrap each cake in foil. Place in plastic bags and store in a cool dry place. Yield: 2 loaves (18 slices each).
1 slice: 360 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Apricot Fruitcake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC