Apricot-Filled Triangles Recipe
It's a good thing this recipe makes a big batch because no one can stop eating just one! These crisp buttery cookies truly do melt in your mouth.
- 1 pound dried apricots (2-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook apricots and water over low heat for 45 minutes or until the water is absorbed and apricots are soft. Cool slightly; transfer to a blender. Cover and process until smooth. Add sugar; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt shortening and milk. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Stir in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the saucepan and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 teaspoon apricot filling in the center of each. Bring three edges together over filling, overlapping slightly (a small portion of filling will show in the center); pinch edges gently. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 164 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC